Thursday, August 19, 2010

Life is not the moments we breathe...

I vividly remember having this discussion with a certain special someone.. I was getting to know her then and asked her a question, how many days in your life do you remember very clearly and are a part of your happy place.. a place you would want to go back when you are down and rejuvenate.. She thought for a long time and said about 1 year worth. I remember telling her that in a life worth well over 25 years.. you have just 1 year worth memories and rest are just blank spaces.... too bad.. and den, I realised I wasn't any better, at 26 (soon to be 27) I had about 90 memorable days.. really special days.. and I wondered did I live the life I wanted.. I was a guy who lived life king size and if today happened to be my last day..I would have only 90days to thank for... It somehow gave me jolt.. a wake up call if I may say..

The next 6 months were memorable.. in more ways than one. As I sit here I recollect every single moment of the time I have spent in last 6 months.. maybe good times, may be bad but memorable and I remember every single detail. It was then I realised one thing.. someone was making these special for me.. It was then I realised that even if things end now.. you know life-wise.. I would thank the last 6 months than the previous 90 days I remembered. I had collected enough memories to last a life.. ( based on fact that I lasted 27 years on 90 memorable days )

Finally I had realised.. Life is not the moments we breathe.. its the moments that take our breath away :)

So long...

No comments: