Monday, September 10, 2007

A Dream

I vividly remember arriving in Mumbai with two of my friend-colleagues on 13th Nov 2005. We had just finished our ILP (Initial lovely period) at the firm that hired us. All of us were waiting for this day to arrive... we were excited as, here we were about to begin our corporate careers.
The major mood dampener came late on 14th Nov evening at 6:00 pm when a wise @$$ announces to me that I am allocated a domestic project and that was not all, the location was CBD-Belapur ....... Hell I had to travel 90 mins to get to office.. I tried to talk him out of this decision... but it fell on deaf ears..

So the day of reckoning had arrived... at 10:00 am on 15th Nov 2005 I first set foot in the biggest data center in India. I promised my self that I'll not last more than 6 months in this project... otherwise I'll be killing my career with my own hands..... I lived in denial for at least a month saying to myself..this is just a nightmare.. one day the HR will call me and allocate me to friendlier office..... Sadly that day never came.. till I resigned on 16 July 2007. I visited that office on my last day in office.... call that a paradox..

You might wonder whats dream in this... well the period Nov 15th 2005 to July 16th 2007 was a golden period for me personally (if not professionally). I met 3 guys, lets say S,K and N and a gal, S again who became a part of my daily life... we were team mates.... but we shared more than a professional relationship.. There was never a weekend when we did not hangout together.... The best part was, we never took each other for granted... I also met two other gals lets call them P and M, who were not quite in the group but were not out of it either.....

Six months into the project, I made friends with 2 other super cool guys (G an M) who made me realize that friendship is all about sharing joys as well as sorrows.... I could trust one of them with my life.... Then... I met this cheerful chirpy character (Big D).. the heart of our 'other group'.. well I have almost never seen a negative emotion on her face...she has this wonderful knack to make people feel, they are special... She was an instant hit....or I may say.. will continue to be....

Well don't wonder about the header now..... You know that this was truly the best period of my life. I had met an assortment of people who would continue to be important in my life and on whom I could count any day.....

Herez a big cheers to them, who made a difference in my life........

4 comments:

Unknown said...

bahut senti ho gaye ho Damu !!! kiss-ki yaad aa rahi hai ;-)

-N

Rajyavardhan Mishra said...

what the heck.... u never talked abt sbi or dream. even u did not share the meaning of sbi.....anyways it was very interesting (yawn...).
keep them comin dude...(like m waitin for them...)

hehehehhe
Rajya

Anonymous said...

really..!!!
:/
evn i got sbi belapur.plz suggest me what should i do....:/(evn though i dnt wnt to..)
ur sugg

Abhishek Nayak said...

Enjoy the stay. It grows on u as time passes. Ur gonna miss it once its dne