Sunday, September 2, 2007

@ Cornell University


Hello Folks !!!

My first post is dedicated to my university. When I left India to join Cornell, I had people telling me how prestigious my university is.. Little did I know how gorgeous it is.

I arrived here at 2:00 am EST on 12th August and was amazed to see people out on the streets in large numbers, it took me a while to figure out that these were Cornellians celebrating their weekend. This is the best part, its not only one of best universities curriculum wise but also the best place to party. And when I say party U gottu be here to experience it.

It all begins at 16:15 hrs at The Big Reg Barn. We call it TGIF, essentially its a get together where all grads are served free refreshments. Its organized for social networking. Beer@ $1 is also a main feature of this TGIF. Then we have dance session on last Friday of every month. U might wonder is that all !! things have not yet begun, There are communities all over the campus where people have private parties...that's music, skylights,(booze) and food.

That goes on late into Friday night(Saturday). Then u have a Saturday party which begins on Saturday evening an runs through Sunday afternoon. People then get out on Sunday evenings and we have lots on sports competition (basketball, volleyball,tennis, badminton) also there is bowling. At 11:00 pm on Sunday night.. people go back to academic mode..after all a new week is coming folks..

7 comments:

Rajyavardhan Mishra said...

ye bidoo ekdam sahi bol rahela ha...ye jagah 1dum chakachak ha bole to...aur party ka scene to mast ha

Unknown said...

don't u think, ur quote should be
Chak De Cornell instead of "Chak De India"...

Unknown said...

I think, the quote should be "Damu Bhaiya Chale Amricca"...

Unknown said...

Well..nice try Abhi...the adventrous ride has jst begun..Cheers.!!

cute n confused said...

i thought u were there only to study!!!!
:P
concetrate hard dam...real hard..thr r going to b alot of distractions...some of which leave nothing to the imagination!!
:D

Alwayz chaotic said...

way to go dude! Am happy you are going the writer's way.. welcome aboard..

Unknown said...

What he has written is just the truth. I would say write more!