Monday, January 7, 2008

Not thus... not thus....

I have seen Indian (cricket) defeats on foreign soils, but none has pained me more.... It took more than an entire team of world champion side to defeat the spirits of an resurrected Indian side...

I always thought test cricket was never won on luck factor...but I saw Indian team lose one on bad luck factor... I could understand that umpires are humans after all and as all humans they err.. what confused me.. is that while one team kept enjoying benefit of the doubt... (third umpire also included) the other team bore the brunt even when batting... and to top it all... the rival captain rubs salt into the wounds by saying that his integrity should not be questioned....

Australians may be anything...I mean anything... but they can never be persons of integrity... The captain knows he is out and does not walk... by doing this sets an example for the entire side to follow suit... time after time a horrendous decision is taken and the Australians stand their ground shamelessly.. I mean Symonds should die of shame rather than gleefully accepting man-of-the-match award...

I must commend the spirit of captain Kumble for the way he spoke after the match.. no other captain would have taken this match sportingly... also tells us ... Australians may be world champions...but they have lots of chinks in their armour... if the umpires allow... they are a beatable side...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

absolutely true.....they just wanna win either by hook or crook.....no integrity at all.....they may feel honored after winning matches in such a manner...however, in actual sense they lost the match even after winning...